Thursday, February 10, 2011

Running for 22 years

This past Monday night our Mayor, Les Hoogland, announced that he will not be running for reelection. For 22 years hes has served as Mayor and councilman. We knew this day would come some day, but my heart hoped for just a little more.

When he first became mayor our city had a strong mayor system, this meant the mayor and council ran the day to day business of the city. I don't know many people with the tremendous memory he has of the workings of the city yesterday and today. He has and will continue to be a great resource. When I get to be his age I hope I have half the energy he does.

Mayor Hoogland has forged many relationships with most of the businesses and corporations of the City of Zeeland. His leadership there will be strongly felt. The next Mayor will have big shoes to fill, and a standard that will be hard to match.

Local article Here

I wish to publicly thank Mayor for his years of service and the mentoring he has provided me. While we didnt always agree, he respected my opinions, and never took our disagreements personally.

Kudos to you Mr. Mayor

0 comments:

Post a Comment