Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sunny Dig out 2011

Dig out 2011, after nearly a record snowfall, begins with my neighbor still feeling the after effects of yesterdays snowmageddon, getting stuck at the end of her driveway about 6:15 this morning. My first thoughts was is this day going to be like yesterday, while pushing on the hood of her van with another neighbor. After getting her out and grabbing a cup of coffee I see that  the Sun is going to shine today. Thank God! I am sure every business, including mine, was glad to see the sun today.  Since most businesses, schools, even the mail, were closed yesterday it give us a chance to start anew. I think it gives people that extra motivation to get the rest of their drive way, parking lots, and road cleaned out, and get out and do the things that just didn't get done yesterday.   Schools were closed yet again today, I imagine a lot of the back road are yet not clear. My kids rejoiced at yet another day off, although two days of their togetherness seems to be taking its toll on the parental units, and the urge to get them to school is increasing by the hour.

Seeing the roads clear up with the sun make me anxious to grab Storm (my lab) and head out for a run tomorrow. Thanks to the City of Zeeland street crew who did an awesome job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment